Veg Momos Recipe – Momos are plain flour dumplings along with desired stuffing. Momos are popular street food in India. They are usually served with red chutney or mayonnaise. It is very simple and we can make Momos Recipe easily at home. We can use plain flour sheets which have enough amount of gluten. (Also we can prepare it with wheat flour if health-conscious). We should use finely chopped stuffings. We can either eat steamed momos or fried momos, steamed momos are soft and delicate while fried momos are crispy.
For Dough(1 People)
- 1 and 1/2 cup Maida/ Plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Oil for gresing
For Stuffing(1 People)
- 1 cup carrot
- 2 cup cabbage
- 4 tbsp spring onion
- 2 chilli
- 1-inch ginger
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
1.Take 1 and 1/2 cup maida, 1/2 tbsp of salt and water to knead the dough.
2.Make a smooth knead by adding water and grease it with oil and rest it for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile take 3 tbsp oil and saute 3 clove garlic, 2 chopped chillies, 1-inch ginger and 2 tbsp onion spring on high flame.
4. Now add 1 cup of carrot and 2 cup of cabbages and stir them on high flame. And then add 1/2 tbsp of salt and 1/2 tbsp of pepper. Stir them and do not allow it to overcook.
5. Finally add 2 tbsp of spring onion and now the mixture is ready.
6.Take the prepared momos dough after 30 minutes and knead it again.
7. Pinch out a small ball and flatten it and dust maida to roll it using a rolling pin.
8.Add 1 tbsp of stuffing in the centre and start pleating the edges slowly.
9. Seal the momos by forming a bundle.
10.Take a steamer, heat it and arrange the momos in a tray. (Place the momos at a distance so they don’t touch each other.)
11.Steam the momos for 10-12 minutes or till shiny sheen appears on it.
12. Now our momos are ready to serve.
We can also try making Samosa for snacks.
Credits – Hebbar’s Kitchen.