Samosa Recipe – Learn to make delicious, crispy & perfect samosas at home with this easy video & step by step process. Samosa is very popular in India, Middle East & Asian countries.
This snack is most commonly eaten all over India instead of many other snacks. They are very popular and loved by everyone. Samosas make their appearance everywhere as street food, party snack, restaurants, and even in cafes. This snack is stuffed with potatoes and deep-fried.
For 1 person:
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp ajwain/carom seeds
- 1/4 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 Potatoes (Aloo)
- 5 cashew (Kaju)
- 2 tbsp raisins (Kismish)
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cumin (jeera)
- 1/4 tbsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1 tbsp ginger(finely chopped)
- 1 chili(finely chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp fennel (saunf)
- Pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tbsp dry mango powder (aamchur)
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 cup peas (matar)
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- Oil for frying
- Water for sealing
Samosa Recipe Preparation
Preparation of Dough:
- Take 2 cups of flour in a large mixing bowl and add 1/4 tbsp ajwain, 1/2 tbsp salt and 1/4 cup oil to the flour.
- Crumble the mixture. Mix them well making sure the dough holds shape.
- Add 1/2 water and make the dough.
- Keep kneading the dough by adding water as per requirement.
- Grease the dough with oil and cover up the dough for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile take 2 tbsp of oil, 1 tbsp of cumin, 1/2 tbsp of coriander seeds, 1/2 tbsp fennel and pinch hing.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger and 1 chilli in addition with 1/2 cup frozen peas and leave it for 2 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 tbsp chilli powder, 1/2 tbsp coriander powder, 1/4 tbsp of cumin powder, 1/2 tbsp amchur, 1/2 tbsp of garam masala, 1/4 tbsp pepper and 3/4 tbsp salt.
- Saute on low flame.
- Add 4 boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Mix the mashed potatoes and the spices well, now add 5 cashew, 2 tbsp raisins and 2 tbsp coriander and mix them again.After that allow them to cool completely.
Making of samosa:
- Knead the dough again after 20 minutes.
- Pinch out a small ball sized dough and grease it with oil.
- Now gently roll the dough into oval shape keeping it slightly thick and then cut it horizontally into 2 equal portions using a knife.
- Grease it water and make a cone and seal it properly from the sides. Now stuff 2 tbsp of masala into the cone.
- Now grease little water on the top and seal it properly by pressing firmly.
Frying of samosa:
- We need to take oil in a Kadhai and heat it. After heating we need to fry the samosa on low flame.
- Keep frying on low flame till the samosa turns golden and crispy. Usually it takes around 15 minutes on low flame. Now place the samosa on kitchen paper.
- Now our samosa is ready, we can take it with tamarind chutney, ketchup or green chutney.
Some important addition to the recipe:
- We can add paneer and other vegetables in the stuffing process.
- We can add ghee instead of oil while kneading for additional rich flavor.