Lemon rice is an authentic Indian recipe that is known with a lot of other names in southern part of India. It is a very simple recipe that a beginner can also make it. Lemon rice is known as Chitranna in kannada and nimmakaya pulihora in telugu. It is made with cooked rice along with tempering spices, curry leaves etc.
Lemon rice recipe is very easy to make and this only take 20 minutes to make it from scratch. You can also try out veg pulao recipe.
- 2 tbsp oil
- Two tbsp peanut
- 2 tbsp cashew
- 1 tsp mustard
- One tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- One dried red chiili
- few curry leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 cup cooked rice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 chiili
- Take a large pan and heat 2 tbsp oil and roast 2 tbsp peanut. And take roast 2 tbsp cashew until it turns golden brown and crunchy.
- Keep aside the peanuts and cashew. Then add 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp chana dal, 1 dried red chilli.
- And then add 1-inch ginger, 2 chili, pinch thing, and few curry leaves. Mix it well on medium flame.
- Mix ¼ tsp turmeric and saute slightly. Add 2 cups of cooked rice and ½ tsp salt. Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- Also, add 2 tbsp coriander and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Just mix it well and its ready. Enjoy your lemon rice.