Jalebi is a sweet cuisine mainly eaten win Gujrat. It is served in a duo combination of fafda. In the most popular sitcom TMKOC, the main character Jethalal is fond of this sweet. It is a part of every sweet dish found in weddings and festivals. You can also ask your local sweet shops about their Jalebi recipe.
Jalebi is just a spiral shaped crisp and juicy sweet made up of flour and sugar syrup. You should also try pav bhaji recipe of my website. Pav bhaji is a very famous snack of India. This Jalebi recipe is very simple to make.
- One cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- One cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- orange food color
- oil or ghee
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- 1/2 cardamom powder
- one half tsp lemon juice
- Few saffron strands
- Take a large bowl and mix together flour (maida), chickpea flour (besan), baking powder and baking soda in it. Also add cardamom powder and yogurt to it.
- Then add water along with the food color and make a flowing consistency batter.
- Let the batter ferment by covering it for 11-12 hours. After this you may need to whisk the batter a little bit if the batter looks thick.
- Then add sugar to a pan and add water and mix it with sugar till it boil. After boiling add cardamom powder, saffron strand and lemon juice.
- Let it simmer till the sugar syrup becomes thick. Take a squeeze bottle and transfer the Jalebi batter into it.
- Take a pan or kadhai at medium flame and add ghee to it. Squeeze the batter into the oil making spiral shapes. You can check this out in the video given above. If the batter is dispersing in the oil, maybe it’s too thin and you need to add some flour to it.
- Fry the jalebi till its get crisp from both the sides. Remove it from the oil and immediately dip it into the sugar syrup. After this take out the jalebi from the syrup and your Jalebi is ready. See how it was to make this Jalebi recipe.