Palak Paneer is a very famous recipe in north India. It is generally served with naan. It is made of Indian cottage cheese along with spinach and some other spices which you will know in the latter part of this post.
In comparison to other types of paneer dishes, this is healthier as the other ones are a lot creamy than this and had a lot of fat contents in them. Try out Veg pulao with this. You must try it at least once at home. You can find the recipe along with a video below:-
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4-1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder or to taste
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream or adjust to taste
- 225 grams paneer cut into cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon kasturi methi crushed and some dried fenugreek leaves
- lemon juice
- 350 grams spinach
- 1 medium tomato
- 5 large garlic cloves divided, 3 whole and 2 finely chopped
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 green chili or more to taste
- one tablespoon oil 15 ml, I used avocado oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- Boil some water in a pot. Add some salt along with spinach leaves to the boiling water. Then blanch it for 3-4 minutes. Take it out and put it in ice-cold water.
- Then add the blanched spinach, tomato, 3 cloves of garlic, ginger, and green chili in a blender and blend it to make a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan and add oil and remaining cloves of garlic. Saute it till it changes color. Also, add some onions to it and saute them until they get translucent.
- Add the spinach paste along with 1/2 cup of water to the pan and mix it well. Cover the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes. Stir it at regular intervals otherwise, it will get stuck at the bottom.
- Add garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt once the spinach is cooked. And mix them for 1 minute. If you don’t like the taste of spinach you can also add 1/2 spoon of sugar to it.
- Add the cream and mix it well. Put the paneer pieces in it and mix. Let the curry simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After this switch off the flame and add lemon juice along with Kasturi methi and mix it well.
- Your PALAK PANEER RECIPE is ready to get served.