Paneer butter masala is a rich and creamy dish and is one of the favorite dishes of Indian people. In this dish paneer or cottage cheese is used along with tomatoes, butter and cashew sauce. It tastes best when presented with jeera rice or garlic naan. Let’s proceed with the paneer butter masala recipe.
It is a very fine recipe and you will definitely love it. As always it will take 10 minutes of time for preparation and then 30 minutes more to cook. So you will need 40 minutes of time to make this dish, It is normally eaten as a part of main course. Also visit the recipes like pav bhaji recipe, rajma recipe.
To make paneer butter masala recipe you will need the following ingredients.
- You will need 2 teaspoon of oil which will be approximately 10ml.
- Also chopped cilantro
- 250 grams paneer
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3-4 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons crushed kasuri methi
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cloves
- 6-7 large garlic cloves
- 1.5 inch ginger
- 1 large white onion
- 10-15 whole cashews
- 3-4 large tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
Panner Butter Masala Recipe:-
- Take a pan and heat 1 teaspoon of oil on medium heat. Then when the oil is hot, add the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and saute for few seconds.
- Thereafter add the the onion, garlic, ginger and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion becomes golden.
- Add the tomatoes and cashews and mix And then add 1 cup of water. Cover the pan and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Wait for 15 minutes, and then remove the pan from heat. Remove the bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit and then transfer to a blender. It is important to let it cool down a bit else it will all blow up from the mixer. In order to make masala grind it and set aside.
- In the same pan now add 2 tablespoons butter along with remaining 1 teaspoon oil on medium heat.
- Once the butter melts, add the red chili powder for hotness and the Kashmiri red chili powder for color and fry for few seconds. This will give the curry a nice orange-red color.
- After this add the ground paste back into the pan along with the garam masala (start with 1/2 teaspoon and add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon at the end only if you feel like the curry needs that extra bit of garam masala), cardamom powder, sugar, salt and tomato paste (if using). Mix it well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the cream and mix.
- In the pan add the paneer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Finally add crushed kasuri methi.
- Garnish paneer butter masala with cilantro and serve hot. That’s the paneer butter masala recipe.